There is less than a week to go until Ironman South Africa. All the hard work has been done and it is now just a matter of resting up and staying healthy as race day approaches. This past Sunday was interesting to say the least. All day I sat working out where I would be on race day. What time I would be out the water, when I would be on my last lap of the bike and most importantly when I would be running down the famous red carpet. If you are racing Ironman South Africa on the 14th of April you probably did something similar on Sunday.
I’m not sure about you, but I have a goal for the race as far as a finishing time is concerned. I’ve been rather hesitant to share it publicly because it is quite ambitious but I feel like I have done the work for it and if all goes according to plan I should achieve it.
I’ve also been thinking about a little challenge for the day. If you are racing and even if you are not let’s wager a little something to make the race a little more interesting. Here how it is going to work:
1. If you are taking part predict your finishing time or if you’re not racing predict someone else’s finishing time.
2. Choose a worthy cause or charity that is close to your heart.
3. Pledge 100 bucks to charity.
All the 100 buck pledges will go into one pot. After race day, who ever got closest to the finish time they predicted will get all the money for their chosen charity. Simple. Let’s do this.
Pop me a mail at email@example.com with your name, charity you want to support should you win and your predicted time and I’ll add you to the list. Once the winner is decided I’ll pop you a mail with the charity’s bank details and it will be up to you then to make the transfer. If we can get 100 people to do this a charity will get R10 000. So here goes:
1. Brad Brown – 11:58:32 (The PinkDrive)
2. Hannes Marlin – 11:16:08 (Reach for a Dream)
3. Mandy Marlin – 14:59:40 (Reach for a Dream)
4. Keri Swift – 12:28:12 (PinkDrive)
5. Garron Mosley – 9:43:12 (Starfish)
6. Jeff Hinds – 11:57:17 (SPCA)
7. Hannes Otto – 12:29:20 (SPCA)
8. Bianca Tait – 13:18:00 (Sunflower Fund)
9. Kristian Fesel – 10:45:00 (Rainbows and Smiles)
10. Vincent Nortier – 10:45:00 (PinkDrive)
11. Dianne McEwan – 9:25:00 (Qhubeka)
12. Ross McEwan – 9:35:00 (Qubeka)
13. Beverley Davey – 12:43:38 (Youth with diabetes)
14. Cyndi Starr Strydom – 15:30:00 (Free Me)
15. Odessa Perelson – 12:00:00 (Cat Care PE)
16. Derrian Nadauld – 11:55:00 (PinkDrive)
17. Julia le Roux – 15:50:39 (Mothers Unite)
18. John McKay has predicted Odessa Perelson’s time 11:54:48 (Isithembiso Babies Home, PE)
19. Lucie Zelenkova – 9:16:32
20. Celeste Erasmus – 12:15:03 (Hospice)
21. Joff Gouveris has predicted Brad Brown’s time 11:56:32 (Reach for a Dream)
22. Cari-Ann Botha has predicted Dianne McEwan’s time 9:24:05 (Qhubeka)
23. Cari-Ann Botha has predicted Brad Brown’s time 11:57:24 (Qhubeka)
24. Andre Bekker – 9:55:00 (South African Guide Dog Association)
25. Glenn Ambrose – 11:55:00 (Rainbows and Smiles Foundation)
26. Conrad Greer – 11:57:00 (Rainbows and Smiles Foundation)
27. Shawn Letts – 10:52:45 (Choc)
28. Mark Newby – 13:29:55 (Stop Rhino Poaching)
29. Richard Wright has predicted Brad Brown’s time – 12:21:32 (The PinkDrive)
30. Alec Riddle – 9:54:59 (Hein Wagner’s Charity)
31. Alec Riddle has predicted Brad Brown’s time – 11:59:58 (Hein Wagner’s Charity)
32. Ian Hendry has predicted Brad Brown’s time – 11:50:00 (Guild Cottage)
33. Ian Hendry has predicted Chris Baker’s time – 10:28:00 (Guild Cottage)
34. Ian Hendry has predicted Quinton Walker’s time – 10:15:00 (Guild Cottage)
35. Adam Kelly – 12:50:00 (PinkDrive)
Who is next??? Get on the list now, mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Wolff of 32GI has generously offered to donate to the charity of the three closest predictions as well.