This time next week it is all over. We’re in the middle of Comrades week 2012 and there are tons of nervous runners around. Nervous of what is to come, nervous of what might happen, nervous of something going wrong before race day, just down right nervous. I thought on this week’s podcast I would focus on race day and managed to assemble a pretty impressive line-up (even if I say so myself!). Between us there are 85 Comrades medals including 9 winners’ medals! Granted I only add 1 but it still sounds impressive.
This week I catch up with:
- Dave Rogers who is the person with the most medals to his name. He has completed 44 and is aiming to complete his 45th this year.
- Bruce Fordyce (9 time Comrades Marathon winner)
- Lindsey Parry from the HPC in Pretoria, who a strong opinion about the use of pain killers on race day
- Craig Fry from Craig Fry Management about who he reckons will win the race
- Patrick Baransky who is the head of Sponsorship at Nedbank and in charge of running countrywide.
If you are running on Sunday, have a great one. Be safe and I hope you have the race of your life!